ENROLLING OCTOBER 1st, Consumers Choice Health Plan (CCHP) is a member-governed, health insurance CO-OP for South Carolina citizens. It is the first of its kind and the ONLY Consumer Oriented and Operated Plan (CO-OP) in S.C. Consumers’ Choice is approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and licensed by the S.C. Department of Insurance.
We will begin enrolling individuals who are eligible for financial assistance and businesses that are eligible for tax credits through the NEW Health Insurance Marketplace (the “Exchange) October 1st. This Marketplace, completed with benefit plans and prices will be located at Healthcare.gov.
The first Open Enrollment period runs October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. The coverage effective date for this Open Enrollment is January 1, 2014. Each year going forward, the Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment period will be October – December.
Consumers’ Choice is also partnering with local insurance agents and brokers to offer benefit plans to individuals and businesses not using the Health Insurance Marketplace. This enrollment also begins October 1.
Unique to the mission of Consumers’ Choice, members will receive personalized healthcare with a strong emphasis on prevention and engagement with health care providers.
- Share in the governance of the health plan with Board of Directors membership
- Have the assurance that all savings and profits will be re-invested into the health plan to maintain quality and affordability
- Be part of a fully-insured health plan with no financial risks of claims payments
- Work closely with their primary care physician for care coordination to produce the healthiest results
- Receive incentives for fully participating in their care coordination
- Have many plan options