Health and Wellness
Welcome to your health and wellness!
Now that you‘ve made the decision to get involved with your health care, you might be wondering, what’s next?
Follow the steps below to get started on the road to better health.
- Select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) within ninety days of becoming a Consumers’ Choice member. You can select a PCP by calling Customer Service 800-580-8736 then selecting “3” for “Claims, deductible, etc.” or “9” for “all other inquiries”. This will direct you to a Customer Service Representative who will be able to help you select your PCP.
- Schedule an appointment. Call the PCP for an appointment NOW, and keep the appointment. Be sure you see your PCP before you see a specialist to help ensure the highest quality of care possible.
- Sign and agree to the Care Plan. Your PCP can help coordinate all your care. Sign and agree to the Care Plan developed by you and your doctor and agree to share clinical information with Consumers’ Choice.
- Complete a Knowledge You Need (KYN) form and take it with you to your PCP appointment. The KYN is a great way to help you ﬁgure out where to begin in your Health and Wellness.
Our Health and Wellness includes lifestyle management and wellness information and is a great way to learn about a healthier lifestyle.
Here are topics with information available through our Health and Wellness:
- Blood Pressure
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management
- Understanding Food Labels for Healthier Eating
- Stress Management
Learn about our Care Management
Try out some personal health assessment & management tools by clicking here.